Super Simple Salsa Fresca
This recipe is one of my dad’s inventions. It’s so simple, yet so good. It is my go-to salsa. I always, always have some of this on hand. Unlike some of my other recipes, this one makes a good hearty amount, enough to keep a pint jar for yourself, and give the other away. Or keep it all for yourself.
I like to give the spare jar to my TaeKwonDo instructor and I guess it must be pretty good because I once got a text message from his son asking me for the recipe. He needed to bring something to his Spanish class. So I texted him the recipe. I have to say this is the only recipe I have ever text messaged to someone! It’s a good thing it’s simple …
- 1 quart jar of canned tomatoes, juice drained. In summer tomato season, I make this with fresh tomatoes. Just make sure to peel them first (dip them in boiling water for a moment and the peel comes right off).
- 1 onion, cut in large chunks
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 – 2 jalapeno peppers, tops removed (more or less to taste–depends on how hot you like it! Today I used frozen japs.)
- A handful of fresh cilantro leaves (or parsley if you don’t have cilantro)
- 1 t. salt
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend well.
- Enjoy! Store in the fridge. It keeps well for several weeks.