Double Chocolate Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies (Secret Recipe Club)
It’s my second month of Secret Recipe Club and (as my kids would say) I am such a FAIL! I had a trip to California for work and I thought “I will have plenty of time to do this when I get back” … I so forgot that it’s DECEMBER and there are a million extra things that need to get done this month and on top of all that, my son’s birthday and then on top of THAT we had some other crazy things happen …
So here it is the night before our posting date and I have not even started! Well, that’s not totally true, I did look through the blog I was assigned to before my trip, and I picked out some recipes I wanted to try. But with the rush before Christmas and the interesting turn of events in our lives this past couple weeks, I just completely forgot to shop for ingredients, and make it. So I am staying up late to make this and get it photographed and up … (but I DID swap out the crappy late night photo for some good ones in the morning!)
My assigned blog this month was My Catholic Kitchen. She is chronologically going through a list of 50 women game changers and featuring each of these women. I think that’s pretty cool. This one is a recipe from Food52.
In a rush to get this done, I am making cookies. Because I love chocolate, and oatmeal, and nuts, and this recipe has all of those. I modified it a bit, but not TOO much … I added the cinnamon because I love cinnamon with chocolate. These cookies are AMAZING!
Double Chocolate Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
From My Catholic Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate (I used Ghiradelli chocolate, just like she did!)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, then add the eggs and vanilla and mix until everything is nicely creamed together.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in the oats, nuts, and the dark chocolate.
- Drop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray and bake for about 12 minutes.