This is the sandwich I made with the Roasted Pepper Tomato Tapenade.
It is simply delicious and it’s something you can totally make in a rush. If you’ve got the tapenade in your fridge, the sandwich comes together in a few minutes. All you need is a whole wheat bun, some turkey, sweet onion, fresh garden tomato and some extra sharp white cheddar cheese. If you have a couple large basil leaves that is an excellent finishing touch.
I had about 30 minutes between errands and my daughter’s dance class last weekend to make myself and her something to eat. This is what I made for ME because while I had fed the kids breakfast, I ran out of time to feed myself, so by lunchtime I was starving. In a rush, I started grabbing things from the fridge and this was what became of it.
I managed to snap a few photos somehow before I chowed it down and ran out the door to get my girl to her dance class.
Turkey Tomato White Cheddar Melt
For each sandwich (two halves):
- 1 whole wheat bun, sliced in half, lightly toasted
- Roasted Pepper Tomato Tapenade (recipe here)
- Thinly sliced sweet onion
- A couple very thin slices natural smoked turkey
- A slice or two of fresh garden tomato for each side
- Slices of extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- A couple large fresh basil leaves (or several smaller ones)
- Slice each half of the bun with a good layer of roasted pepper tomato tepenade.
- Set it on a baking sheet, then arrange several thin slices of sweet onion on top of the tepenade.
- Cover with the thin slices of smoked turkey and then a slice or two of tomato (whatever fits!). Top the tomato with a couple slices of white cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 400 until the cheese is good and hot and bubbly and melty.
- Top with a couple fresh basil leaves. Enjoy!
This recipe was shared at Melt in your Mouth Monday, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday Talent Show, Tasty Tuesday, Show & Share Wednesday, Cast Party Wednesday, Newlyweds Recipe Linky, Thursday’s Treasures, Friday Food Fight and All my Bloggy Friends.