Shrimp, Pesto & Asparagus Pizza
I have long loved shrimp and pesto pizza and since I have this asparagus, I wondered what would it be like with asparagus? It was lovely, garlicky, scrumptious, mmmmm ..
I like to use my bread machine to pre-make individual pizza crusts. One recipe makes 6 individual pizza crusts. I pre-bake them till they are just light golden-brown, and they freeze so nicely, so it’s easy when you’re busy to just toss on a few toppings and throw in the toaster oven and ta da! homemade dinner in just a few minutes.
So back to the shrimp and asparagus pizza-deliciousness:
- New York style pizza crust (make your own or use a store-bought pre-made pizza crust)
- Shrimp, peeled, cooked, and chopped
- Asparagus, cleaned and chopped
- Vidalia onion, chopped
- Garlic clove(s), peeled and chopped
- Pinot Grigio, or other white wine
- Shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- Goat cheese, crumbled
- Tomato, chopped
- Pinons (pine nuts)
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- With a butter knife, thinly spread a layer of pesto on the pizza crust.
- Spread a layer of shrimp evenly over the pesto.
- Coat a saucepan with cooking spray. Heat to med-high heat. Sautee the asparagus, onion, and garlic briefly, then add a splash of wine, cover, lower heat and cook until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle the pizza with the sauteed asparagus mixture, then top with the cheeses.
- Add the tomatoes and pinons on top of the cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for 10 – 12 minutes or until the cheeses are melted and bubbly.
- Before serving, sprinkle with fresh basil leaves.