Quick Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal for One
This is warm, comforting, and filling. It’s almost like eating a baked apple. A perfect breakfast for a chilly fall morning. My daughter loves this oatmeal. She is always cold in the morning and it helps warm her up.
It’s simple, it’s fast, it’s the perfect comfort food for breakfast before heading off to school or work.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 c. quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. lowfat milk
- 1 – 2 T. brown sugar
- A splash of vanilla
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- Sprinkle of salt
- Peel, core and chop the apple and put it in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Cook in the microwave on high for 2 minutes, then take it out and stir it. Cook for 1 minute longer or until the oatmeal is cooked through.