Wild Taco Pizza with Goat Cheese & Herbs
I just made the best taco pizza I have ever tasted. This one goes completely over the top. The picture is a little wild and messy I know … my herbs were all over the place. But that is exactly what I love about it!
Taco pizzas are very basic right? You smear some refried beans on a pizza crust, add some meat and cheese, then bake till the cheese is melted and add chopped lettuce. Simple!
I just discovered if you add a couple more things, you can elevate your taco pizza to the sublime.
I’ve got to stop making pizzas like this … they are too dang good! I ate the whole thing myself.
Here’s a more civilized photo (before I cut it).
Wild Taco Pizza with Goat Cheese, Cilantro, Parsley and Oregano
- Whole wheat pita bread or pizza crust
- Refried beans
- Taco Meat (you could skip the meat if you’re going meatless!)
- Chopped onion & jalapeno
- Shredded Mexican blend of cheeses
- Chopped tomato
- Goat cheese crumbles
- Mixed organic greens
- Fresh cilantro leaves (& flowers if they are starting to go to seed! I think the cilantro flowers made this pizza intensely wild and lovely.)
- Fresh oregano leaves
- Fresh parsley leaves
- I toasted a whole wheat pita for this, but you could certainly use your favorite pizza crust! If you use a pita, toast it a bit in a 400 degree F. oven (or toaster oven) to give it a bit of crunch.
- Shmear on the refried beans.
- Sprinkle on the taco meat, then the onion and jalapeno.
- Now top all that with your shredded Mexican cheese.
- Arrange the tomato pieces around on top of the shredded cheese, then sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 12 – 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with greens and herbs and serve!