Ham & Cheese Breakfast Sandwich on French Bread
Perhaps I needed some protein … perhaps I was pulled into the thought of him having eggs and bacon for dinner the other night … perhaps my gruyere-basil french bread was just aching to be a beautiful sandwich … in any case, yesterday I was compelled to make myself a breakfast sandwich.
This is not really a recipe, is it? Ah well, I will tell you anyway …
Ham & Cheese Breakfast Sandwich on Toasted French Bread
- French Bread
- 1 egg
- Extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Lean ham slices
- Slice off a hunk of your french bread and then slice horizontally.
- Beat 1 egg with a tablespoon of water, sprinkle with Red Robin seasoning and pepper, cook in a frying pan coated with cooking spray, folding over the edges to make a rectangular shape that fits your bread.
- Take the bottom half of the french bread and carefully place the egg on the bread … then top with slices of extra sharp cheddar cheese. Place it in the toaster oven (or oven) to broil for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
- While the cheese is melting, toast the top half of the bread along with slices of lean ham in the hot frying pan.
- Remove the cheesy bottom half of the sandwich and top with the ham and top half of the bread. And enjoy …
Oh my … that looks good. Hmm … another for breakfast today, perhaps?
This recipe was shared at Favorite Breakfast Recipes.