Chocolate Mousse, Yogurt, & Banana Bread Trifle
It snowed outside today. My banana bread (which is lowfat and part-whole wheat) was so delicious when it was fresh, but now it is a couple days old. And I had some extra chocolate mousse on hand that I had made for my Midnight Sin cake. So I put the two in a bowl, added some plain nonfat yogurt, and a squirt of whipped cream on top and that was my breakfast.
I was kind of wishing I had some fresh bananas on hand because some banana slices would have been nice on this. After my parfait was all gone, I was thinking I could have added some toasted nuts. Oh well, it was good just like this. Add the extras if you so desire.
Chocolate Mousse, Yogurt, and Banana Bread Trifle
- Lowfat chocolate mousse (I recommend the mousse recipe at the bottom of this post) … or I think some chocolate mousse yogurt would work well here too
- Banana bread, sliced and cut into small cubes (here is the recipe I used)
- Plain nonfat (or lowfat) yogurt … or vanilla-flavored yogurt if you prefer
- Add-ins/extras: banana slices, toasted nuts, or even a few chocolate chips
- Light whipped cream, for the top
Layer the ingredients in a glass bowl or a pretty glass. I started with a layer of chocolate mousse, added the banana bread, then the plain yogurt, then a bit more chocolate mousse, and topped with a little swirl of whipped cream.
This recipe was shared at Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays , Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Cast Party Wednesday, Newlyweds Recipe Linky, Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange, Midweek Fiesta, and Tastetastic Thursdays.