Quick & Easy Banana Nutella Oatmeal
I dreamt of this oatmeal last night. And woke up from my dream and couldn’t stop thinking about it. Seriously, what kind of weirdo dreams about OATMEAL? Me, I guess. Because when I have a flash of foodie inspiration, it won’t leave me alone. It nags at me and churns around in my mind until I MAKE it.
So I had to have this for breakfast. Which is quite handy, because I have several bananas starting to get spotty on my counter. Not to mention that it’s chocolate. and quick. and healthy. and quite yummy. I totally love this oatmeal.
Banana Nutella Oatmeal
Makes 1 serving for a small person like me. If you’re a big person with a hefty appetite, you probably want to double this recipe.
- 1 over-ripe banana
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk (I used 1% … substitute whatever milk you like. I bet almond or coconut milk would be good in this!)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Nutella
- 1 teaspoon dark cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- Mash the banana in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Take the bowl out and stir everything up again.
- Microwave for another minute. Take it out and stir. If the oatmeal is done, eat it. If it’s not quite done, put it back in there and microwave for another 30 seconds or so.