This is a super simple, but super fun and delicious recipe. You can make this up as a big sandwich if you like too, using a bun or a ciabatta roll instead of the toasts. I did that for lunch one day with ciabatta and totally loved it. I was originally going to post this recipe as a sandwich … but I do so love little toasts.
The smoked Havarti cheese was a gift to me from Dofino Cheese. I have always loved their Havarti, but I really really love their smoked Havarti. The tomatoes and the eggplant for the baba ghanoush were from my mom’s garden.
I’m not giving amounts here because you can make a few up for a snack (like I did!), or a bunch for a crowd … whatever suits you!
- Ciabatta bread, sliced thin and lightly toasted
- Baba Ghanoush (It’s easy to make! … here’s my recipe for Baba Ghanoush)
- Smoked Havarti cheese, sliced
- Slices of fresh garden tomato, cut to match the size of the bread slices
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
Spread the ciabatta toast slices with a thick layer of baba ghanoush, top each with a slice of havarti, and set on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 F. for 5 – 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Top each crostini with a slice of fresh tomato and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.